Child Trends has an opening for a full-time Research Assistant in its Early Childhood research area, in its Bethesda, MD office. We are looking for support in research for a number of projects related to early childhood topics including parent and family engagement, child care, and measurement development.
Under supervision of more experienced researchers, this position assists in the performance of social science research by gathering information and helping to develop new materials; support stakeholder engagement tracking and logistics; prepare material for inclusion in reports; may administer surveys/questionnaires or conduct interviews and compile results; collect, tabulate, and process data; manage project files and project reporting requirements; and perform other duties as necessary.
Typical Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs library research on specified topics and synthesizes material in the form of bibliographies, abstracts, memoranda and reports, according to instructions.
- Tabulates and/or maintains collected data by means of coding or organizing data into tables or graphs. Produces tables and graphs.
- Processes data using NVivo, SAS/SPSS, or other such statistical packages.
- Analyzes qualitative data and quantitative using basic statistical methods.
- Recruitment and follow-up with study participants.
- Organizes project files and tracks important project report deadlines. May assist in data entry.
- Assists with clerical tasks, phones, and photocopying, when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in one of the social sciences, and the demonstrated ability to perform beginning level research in a social science field.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred.
- Strong detail-orientation, written and verbal communication skills, and experience with literature reviews required
- Experience in survey/item development and coordinating meetings would be valued.
- Experience with a statistical package such as SAS, SPSS, or Stata also a plus, but not required
Read more and apply here.