Join START this summer online! Courses are offered to students from any university through the UMD Office of Extended Studies at https://oes.umd.edu/incomin
- Earn Analytic Reasoning credit through Terrorist Financing Analysis and Counterterrorist Finance in BSST 370 (3 credits). BEGINS MAY 30TH!
- Earn credit for your summer internship through an experiential learning course in Terrorism Studies, BSST 386 (3-5 credits).
Special Topics in Terrorism Studies:
- Investigate the different forms of hostage taking and understand negotiation tactics in Terrorist Hostage Taking: BSST 338A (3 credits).
- Understand factors and motivators that lead to mass shootings and evaluate real-world cases in School Shooter and Spree Killers: BSST 3380 (3 credits). BEGINS MAY 30TH!
- Discuss foundational concepts about propaganda, ideology and narratives used by violent extremists in Extremist Propaganda: BSST 338D (3 credits).
Register through Testudo! For more information, visit www.start.umd.edu/educat
u with questions.